Sunday, August 10, 2008

Ants on Speed!


There haven’t been very many valiant battles I have been part of… or even witnessed… after all... there have to be some side-effects of being an alleged metro-sexual?
And then I moved into my home… at jodhpur park… to find ants….
Ants in my pants
Ants in my bed
Ants in my biscuits
Ants in my maggi
Ants in my salted-cashew-nuts
Ants in my garbage…
Hell.. ants… even in my laptop on a bad day…

these ants... had a queer quality about them... while they LOVE all the forementioned products.... they seemed to always ignore the obvious ones... they never reached my chocolates.... they never came for sugar.... they were ferocious with the savories and avoided the obvious... i gave them the liberty... after alll ants could have their own quirks? who doesn't.. around here anyway...

then i got organic sugar.. and that... really was that! organice sugar... and i see ants... drooling over it.. hell they broke through the defences of a pearl-pet bottle, ate through the plastic... and were on to the organic sugar... (in the past they've eaten thru a tupperware box... to reach the salted cashew nuts)...

so.. organic sugar.. and ant-attack... i.. anyway... got a new box... and then.. i thgt of having a little fun... so i put the bottle of sugar... in a wide bowl.. filled it with water... and the sugar was an island now... i figured... this'd stop the ants.... but then i woke up the next morning to find.... the ants have all lined up... at the edge of the bowl... at the water level and are salivating over the sugar... its like they wanted to hold my organic sugar on seige.... i sank a few ants with additional water... and figured maybe now this'll be over (at this point... i wonder how a certain gujju jain... who will read this post.. will feel about ths whole thing :P) .... a week has passed... i continue to tease the ants with the island of sugar... they relentlessly stay on the edge of the bowl.. every morning i see them all standing by the side... waiting patiently... sometimes.. somehow .. one of them i find has made it thru on to the other side... but then.. has no real way of swimming back.. with his booty..

attaching a little image for your visual treat.... these ants remind me of all things we refuse to be :)

1 comment:

Fanaah said...

I think u need a lil salt, to make all 'em ants run away :)