Monday, September 19, 2005

Park-lane

Parked on a half pavement of the city-street at 3:30 in the morning.. listening to some inane music that says “so take, take me home” I wonder what home is and how much distance separates me from this home.. looking outside.. the silhouette of a city, a concrete jungle all-asleep… street-lights with all the towers and people in them asleep..

As rain drops patter on my window I am sitting in this town of “English Weather”

Its difficult to search for oneself when you don’t know what you are looking for.. makes the quest a tad more difficult…

The luxury of an almost empty 4 lane road, the car to park at the corner of this road, a laptop to tap-on and maybe an internet card to be online even from here would to a large extent be all that I’d expect and be content with, if I could get…

As the music was shut off by chance suddenly silence surrounds us except for the odd groaning of an over-strained 100 cc bike engine rode like it was a ducati….

My optimistic clock shows the time as 1:13 and the wind that blows is almost the only sound to be heard…

Driving to this place as I drove by her house.. I remembered her kitchen… how we’d sat on the slab… and she’d made coffee in another life…

More 100 cc maniacs.. SOME form of muslim morcha this is… they’re never for a cause never for a reason.. the only reason for a morcha is itself..

Anyway.. again remembering her… there was so much about her that was also unique, the way she said things were always better when they were less messy…

The way she looked with her thick-rimmed glasses and small beautiful eyes…

Reminds me of a brilliant quote from before sun-set.. let me try and look for it now.. to end this post…

Memories are wonderful things, if you don't have to deal with the past.

4 comments:

Fanaah said...

I remember 2 am nights, at bandstand.the moonlight illuminating the waves crashing.n then we would just sit there chatting-sometimes on the promenade, sometimes sipping coffee, sometimes in the warmth of the car.I could dedicate such nights to a few people-and freeze the moment forever

Shanu said...

jus coz u asked me to leave a comment if i like something... im doing this :)

its kinda tuff writing /reacting to wot u write -- i generally like wot u write --- especially how u write it... and the interruptions in the flow make it so much more real -- as if i ws thr lisnin to u talk...

Shanu said...

its fun.. and pretty ... wot u write.. and then i rembr wot mirat says -- u shud only write one half of anything :)

crusading against myself~! said...

hmm.. yeah.. now yr the second person shanu singh.. saying tht its difficult to comment on my blog....

and then i guess its difficult for me to write any other way than i do.. and then i guess the purpose of this blog would get defeated if i tried...

but its nice to know you were here... all of you.. who were